North Grenville continues to be one of the fastest growing communities in the region, offering tremendous promise for economic development. A new economic development strategy will provide an economic vision for the Municipality, and will include by-law and policy recommendations, community partnership models, evaluation metrics, and more!
The Municipality has engaged StrategyCorp to help create a community economic development strategy that helps cultivate representative and resilient economic activity in the Municipality of North Grenville.
This strategy will provide relevant direction, outlining goals and outcomes for the Municipality’s Economic Development initiatives that will assist the Municipality in improving the economic and social well-being of North Grenville’s diverse residents. The strategy will include direction on how the Municipality can work to:
- Achieve an environment that is conducive to attracting and retaining current, new and diverse economic and community investment;
- Create and sustain existing and new employment opportunities;
- Diversify the Municipality’s tax base;
- Strengthen community cohesion and engagement; and
- Foster a resilient local economy that supports current and future residents of North Grenville
Project Goals and Objectives
The goal of the project is to design and develop a community-based economic development Strategy that will act as a blueprint to guide future decision-making around improvements in local by-laws and policies, the management and sustainment of local assets, and creation of supports for existing and new businesses in North Grenville. The document will influence decision-making, operations, and future improvements made to help strengthen the Municipality’s local economy.
As part of this project, the project team will be:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders – including Advisory Committees and key business organizations (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, Old Town Kemptville BIA, among others) to understand strengths and limitations of existing economic development programs
- Analyzing key characteristics of North Grenville’s economy and workforce to identify areas where those resources can be leveraged to further economic goals,
- Identifying new economic risks and opportunities in alignment with the goals of Council
- Engaging with the local community to ensure the Economic Development Strategy will meet the needs of local businesses and residents
Have Your Say!
Share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback to help us create the Community Economic Development Strategy!
Take an online survey to share your feedback on draft values for the economic development strategy, help us identify areas of potential for economic growth and change, and get a better understanding of the strengths and opportunities in the local economy. Your answers will help us to confirm priorities as the project team moves forward and will remain confidential.
The survey will close on Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:59pm .
The Municipality is collaborating on the Economic Development Strategy with key stakeholders, members of the local business community, and the general public. That means we’re collating thoughts, ideas, and feedback in gradual stages and in a variety of ways to ensure your voices and ideas are reflected in the final strategy.
Phase 1: Information Gathering
July to August 2022
Throughout Summer 2022, the project team conducted introductory interviews with key stakeholders and members of North Grenville’s local business community provided an open forum for participants to share their honest ideas and feedback with the project team on the municipality’s current and future economic development landscape.
Using the in-depth insights collected from Phase 1 of engagement, the project team will be exploring potential opportunities, key actions and recommendations for further consideration as they draft a Strategic Framework.
Phase 2: Confirming a Path Forward
September to November 2022
In Fall 2022, the team will be re-engaging with members of Council, the business community, and the wider public through an online survey, virtual and in-person public consultation meetings, and group-based discussions.
More details will be posted on this page as they become available.
Phase 3: Setting the Direction
Following engagement, the project team will be finalizing the Economic Development Strategy and presenting to Council. More details will be posted on this page as they become available.