Throughout July and August 2019, the Economic Development office interviewed 30 tourism business owners and their staff about their business and their view of North Grenville's Tourism Industry. Highlights included:
- 66% are open year-round
- Nearly a third of businesses have over 5,000 visitors annually, with on business having over 17,000 visitors
- Food services and retail were the top-rated tourism facilities
- 63% of businesses say North Grenville's location is an advantage to operating a tourism business
- Half of the respondents believe golf is one of the main attractions in the area
- 60% of respondents said that Kemptville Live Music Festival had a positive impact on their business
We learned of several areas we can work on to better our tourism offerings, and the report makes four recommendations:
- Improve Signage: review the municipal signage by-law and support businesses in the provincial Tourism Oriented Direction Signs (TODS) program
- Increase Promotion: create a dedicated visitor guide and ensure marketing highlights our easy-to-access location and year-round activities
- Highlight and Grow Strengths: support current and new festivals, and accentuate our stock of outdoor activities including the waterfront
- Better Municipal Support and Communication: make doing business in the municipality easier and create a tourism industry communication system
Find the full report here. Learn more about visiting North Grenville on our dedicated visitor website Explore North Grenville, and be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for all of our latest updates.
Tourism Businesses: If you haven’t already taken the Regional Tourism Organization 9 (RTO9) industry insights survey, do it today and you could win a $100 gift card of your choice! The survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. With your valuable input, we can keep improving and better support valuable tourism businesses in South Eastern Ontario like yours. Your feedback is anonymous and will be treated in the strictest confidence. Click here to take the survey.