The Municipality of North Grenville has partnered with the Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation (GCFDC) to offer additional support to the North Grenville business community. Council has allocated $100,000 to establish the Small Business Grant (SBG) program.
The SBG program was developed in recognition of the fact that many local businesses have experienced significant challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of the SBG program, GCFDC will offer grants up to $1,000 to individual businesses to help recover certain costs due to COVID-19.
Specifically, the funding is intended to support businesses that are changing or have already modified the way they operate - through creating new capacity or adopting technological innovations because of COVID.
“My Council colleagues and I understand this has been a challenging time for local businesses. While this fund offers only modest support, the Small Business Grant program acknowledges that businesses were forced to quickly adapt under COVID19, often at great expense, in order to survive,” said Mayor Nancy Peckford.
“Council salutes many of our local businesses who are adapting and finding creative ways to stay open and serve the community during these difficult times,” added Deputy Mayor Jim McManaman.“We also thank the community for supporting local businesses during this pandemic”.
The Municipality of North Grenville has partnered with GCFDC to assist with the implementation of the Small Business Grant Program.
Click here to download the application package.
- A large number of businesses in NG were forced to temporarily close their doors in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Although the economy is beginning to reopen, many businesses still remain closed or have had to pivot their services, causing interruptions and operating challenges.
- The Economic Development team has worked closely with the Business Support Group, convened by Council and comprised of representatives from the four main business networks in North Grenville, to provide various programs including webinars, business outreach, and marketing opportunities including the #LoveNG website and campaign.
- A portal has been created with resources specific to local business' needs during COVID-19
- Council has allocated an additional $150,000 to these Businesses Support Programs.
For more information:
Matt Gilmer, Economic Development Officer
Municipality of North Grenville
613-258-9569 ext. 153